A typical regency or georgian town house might have a minimum of 4 floors/ storeys including a basement. There are many scenarios where due to the large number of stairs in such properties it might become desirable to install a lift/ elevator in order to create a safer and more convenient home for the householders. The installation of a suitable lift could be desirable for various reasons-
A lift could provide:
- A safer and more convenient option for older persons who might be unsteady on their feet and have difficulty in negotiating stairs safely.
- Enable wheelchair users and people with certain medical conditions or disabilities access to all the various floors in the property.
- Help with the demands of daily modern living by transporting groceries, household goods, buggies, prams, cases of wine or boxes of heavy paperwork up or down to a study or home office.
- Easy access for members of the household and their guests to and from various floor levels throughout the building via a passenger lift.
The type of lift (hydraulic or traction) for a particular property will depend upon various factors such as: the number of floors the lift will need to serve, the available dimensions within the building for the mechanical and operational components of the lift, the desired performance requirements for the lift such as: rate of travel (speed) and load capacity (weight limit).
Obviously, there are other matters to also consider when choosing a lift; including the actual design of the lift car including wall & ceiling finish options, lighting, lift door configuration (layout), type of lift door, keypad security access and other technical choices.
The overall cost of the lift can vary significantly depending on certain choices made regarding the actual type of lift selected and then the various design options that are chosen.
Oyster Mayfair will explain what options are available so you can make an informed decision that best suits your requirements. So, if you need help with a lift project please do not hesitate to contact us here at Oyster Mayfair Ltd for free advice or a free consultation site/ home visit. Call us on 020 7183 3606 or you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Slimline Homelift (pictured below) is an alternative to a stair lift. Further information is available on the website at: https://www.oystermayfair.co.uk/slimline-homelift/ or you are welcome to call us on 020 7183 3606 or email us at: email@example.com
Oyster Mayfair can supply lifts large enough to accommodate a stretcher home bed or heavy loads such as a wheelchair user in a heavy-duty powered wheelchair accompanied by their career or other passengers in the lift. A Multi-level Homelift by Oyster Mayfair can be tailor made to meet your exact requirements and certain models can travel up to 6 levels/ floors.
For an initial discussion or free feasibility study to see how a lift may fit in your home just contact Oyster Mayfair Ltd by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7183 3606. Further information is also available on the website at: https://www.oystermayfair.co.uk/multi-level-homelifts/
Medium size lift Large lift
Oyster Mayfair’s larger lifts are also suitable for use in nursing homes and care homes.
- Can be used to provide wheelchair access in locations where there is not enough room for a wheelchair ramp.
- Retains “kerb appeal” when installed outside a property- very discreet and virtually invisible.
- Weatherproof- suitable for fixed installation outside with the lift automatically retracting out of sight when not in use being concealed from view below a path, driveway, paving or even an artificial grass lawn.
- Interior Design options- These step lifts are also suitable for fixed installation inside a property under the floor and can be made to blend in seamlessly into their surroundings.
- The top surface of these step lifts can be finished in almost any material such as: slate, brick, paving, tiles, marble, carpet, wood, laminate and many other floor or outdoor garden surfaces.
- Competitively priced- The Invisible Step Lift by Oyster Mayfair is a great value invisible step lift / low rise transfer lift with low running costs.
- Can be operated by a handheld remote control (like a TV) or there is an option of a fixed push button lockable control panel.
- Comes with multiple built in safety features.
- Generous/ useful load capacity of up to 350kg.
- Choice of 3 different models of the Invisible Step Lift by Oyster Mayfair.
Find out more about The Invisible Step Lift by Oyster Mayfair at:
Tel: 020 7183 3606 or email: email@example.com
Invisible step lifts are usually low rise transfer lifts designed to provide disabled access for wheelchair users up and down steps either inside a building or externally. Some models of low rise transfer lifts travel just vertically (up and down) whilst other models can travel vertically and then on reaching the desired travel height the top platform that the wheelchair stands on slides out horizontally bridging the gap between the steps and the floor.
The “Invisible Step Lift by Oyster Mayfair” comes in three models, two vertical travel options and also the combined vertical and horizontal travel model. Probably the quickest and easiest way to understand this product is to watch the video of this low rise transfer lift in action which is available to view on “The Invisible Step Lift by Oyster Mayfair” page on this oystermayfair.co.uk website.
NEWS- The new blog on the oystermayfair.co.uk website will contain a series of articles containing useful information about Disability and Old Age as well articles about certain products for elderly or disabled people.